The VP, Client Partner is the trusted advisor, subject matter expert and leader for key accounts, building long-term profitable relationships while inspiring, aligning and leading their clients and internal teams.
Internally, the VP, Client Partner is an advisor to the Executive Team, helping to shape the future of our agency through our client’s eyes. We used to redesign websites, now we redesign businesses to thrive in the digital age.
The ideal candidate for the VP, Client Partner role has the experience, aptitude, humility, and confidence to lead our teams and clients in pursuit of profound positive digital change that leads to meaningful business outcomes.
The VP, Client Partner will be responsible for helping Sales and Marketing with thought leadership, Sales responses, on-boarding new clients, driving account growth, overseeing profitability and utilization, and driving client satisfaction and team health. The position has significant annual revenue and gross margin responsibilities across a concentrated group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns VP and C-Level client relationships and serves as a lead business strategist.
- Oversees a skilled delivery team in support of a focused set of key accounts along with the Experience Lead, Technology Director and Project Manager.
- Additional Data/Analytics, Content, and Development team members will work closely with Project Managers to deliver work on time, on budget and at margin.
- Creates, executes and maintains account plans and digital experience strategy roadmaps in conjunction with the delivery team. These plans align around the client’s business model and strategy and relate to the ideal future for the client’s business and customers.
- Reviews deliverables across work streams to ensure it meets our high-quality standards and maps to business goals established in the account plan.
- Drives new business within accounts, consistently adding new opportunities to the pipeline. Writes business cases to justify investment when necessary.
- Proactively identifies client opportunities and risks and serves as the primary point of escalation.
- Generates, updates and reports on account revenue forecasts.
- Helps guide team expertise and efficiency through coaching and mentoring
- Leverages personal expertise/thought leadership to participate in agency marketing efforts.
- Ability to communicate persuasively with Fortune 1000 decision makers and navigate conversations with multiple stakeholders, thinking on one’s feet.
- Skill in navigating ambiguity, shifting client requests and business market conditions and arriving at effective outcomes for the work and business.
- Visionary leader and speaker—can own a room and facilitate discussions. Instills trust and confidence with both clients and delivery team members.
- Has a strong interest in learning about various businesses (clients) and driving digital initiatives toward business outcomes.
- Has a consultant-like approach with an anchor in one of our key practice areas – ideally healthcare.
- Has agency experience, has passion for customer experience and is service-oriented.
- Natural coach and mentor.
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions.
- Strong negotiation skills and digital project contract (SOW + CO) writing experience.
- Experience managing proposals and scopes for $1MM+ projects.
- Willing and able to travel nationally
- Good business acumen and understands the fundamental elements of finance in order to lead profitable strategy, design and delivery teams.
- 25% to 30% depending on clients and projects
Required Education and Experience
- 10 or more years of related industry experience in business consulting, digital strategy, content strategy, analytics, experience design, design thinking, or technology. Digital agency experience a must, client-side experience a benefit.
- College degree required.
- 7 or more years of leading senior-level client relationships.
- Experience managing complex strategy and delivery teams. Success growing business within existing accounts, selling in six- and seven-figure opportunities with Fortune 1000 companies.
- Customer experience (CX) and digital experience (DX) Healthcare background a benefit.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 1167047-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org
VP, Client Partner
VP, Accounts and Project Management
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we’re designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you’re passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you. At Connective DX we’re committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We’re driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences.
Connective DX is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from all candidates. We value diversity, equity and inclusion. It takes talent with an expansive range of backgrounds and experiences to do our best work. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Connective DX are based exclusively on merit. Connective DX does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity and identity expression, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
Get useful insights, tools and best practices to delight customers and grow your business.