We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Coordinate assigned service requests to meet requesting department dates within established department standards.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with end users, vendors and department managers.
- Identify and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Define user needs and recommend alternatives.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Update technical documentation and IT policies.
- Three years of experience in a large local area network environment designing and analyzing network systems.
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing and operation; knowledge of application of computer software for automating highly diverse agency/organization activities.
- Capability and capacity of various software products/communication utilities.
- Knowledge of the principles of data communications and telecommunications.
- Knowledge of local area network concepts and fundamentals.
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery.
- Knowledge of Linux is a plus.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Configuring standard builds for new employee laptops and desktops (Mac and PC).
- Troubleshooting computer and networking issues and connections to printers, etc. for employees (Mac and PC).
- Active Directory management • Symantec Software
- Sonicwall Firewall Hardware/Software Administration
- Aerohive Wifi Hotspots Administration
- Windows Server Hardware/Software
- MS Datacenter NAS/SAN
- MS Office 365
- Google (G suite) Drive / Team
- ShoreTel Phones
- Ricoh & Dell Printers
- WebEx / GoToMeeting
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Supervisory Responsibility
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and resume via email to: 921481-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own Delight events throughout the year.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2019 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved