They've been called several things: air traffic controllers, spreadsheet junkies, heroes. Here at Connective DX we call them Project Managers—and we're looking for another good one. One who is passionate about the digital space and relentless in the pursuit of game changing results for our clients.
Let's not beat around the bush; if you’re reading this, and you've worked as an agency PM, you know how it goes: clients need things and we must deliver with grace and precision, generally on short turnarounds. The hours can be long. Budgets can get unruly. Timelines can get squirrelly. If this doesn’t faze you because you’ve found your rhythm within the ebb and flow of fast paced agency life, then you are exactly who we’re looking for.
Our mission is to create experiences that make a difference. To our clients’ bottom line, sure- but that’s not all that drives us. We work hard to find the right client partners because we know that together, there is an opportunity to make business more relevant, more adaptive and more human.
Join us to make something that will raise the expectations of what an insightful, digitally-empowered business can and should do. We strive to help our clients become companies who are loved in a digital age.
Essential job functions
- Assist the business development team in landing dream clients by collaborating on innovative strategic ideas, estimating efforts and ensuring the client’s budget and expectations are in line with the realities of the project.
- Develop and manage a timeline for that new dream project that, when launched, will win an award.
- Once the project is signed, act as the internal hub of the delivery team in close collaboration with the Account Director to help set the tone for the entire engagement.
- Maintain easy to understand and well communicated project plans throughout the project lifecycle specifying phases, activities, deliverables, deadlines, resource staffing, and other project expenses.
- Because meetings happen, you will schedule and lead internal and client meetings by sending out agendas and soliciting input from other team members well in advance of the meeting itself.
- You will collaborate with a dynamic and diverse team of Project Managers who can’t wait to see what you bring to the mix.
- We know you’re great, but we also know you won’t be perfect. So you will proactively escalate and inform any budget, timeline, deliverable, quality or personnel issues to the Director of Project Management as soon as an issue is known to facilitate joint problem solving.
Before you apply, do know that we have a few basic requirements for the position. While we’re not flexible in our pursuit of excellence, we know we are asking for a lot so we’ll be a little flexible:
Education & Experience
- Senior leader responsible for day to day project leadership and delivery
- Assigned to 2-4 accounts at a time (ideally)
- Capable of leading a project-based account with minimal oversight
- 8-10+ years industry experience
- Strong digital and technology delivery background including time in an agency/consultancy
- Consulting experience a plus
- CMS/Sitecore experience a plus
- Comfortable with a senior, individual contributor role
- Strong budget management and tracking background
- Hands on, detailed oriented leader
- Strong attention to detail and passion for the art of project management
- Excellent estimating, scheduling, and budgeting skills with an eye for minimizing risk
- History of maintaining healthy customer relationships with a focus on service and fostering repeat business
- Excellent communication – including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team atmosphere in a leadership role
- Ability to drive teams to a high level of quality and performance on deadline with an eye for allowing your team to maintain a healthy life/work balance
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, and ability to maintain grace and a sense of humor under pressure
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 675993-CSemail@example.com
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own Delight events throughout the year.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2019 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved