Connective DX is a growing national digital agency seeking an enthusiastic member for our Project Management Team. This position will report to the VP of Account and Project Management in Portland, OR.
You've been called several things: air traffic controller, task master, hero! Here at Connective DX Project Managers are the fabric of what we do — and we're looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our growing team and lead some of our larger engagements. We need someone who is passionate about building transformative digital experiences for large, complex and interesting clients and who is relentless in the pursuit of providing stellar service – two steps ahead – to our clients and internal design and development teams.
Our Technical Project Managers are part of our strategic delivery team of project and account leads. You will be responsible for leading a (reasonable) number of large and medium scale projects within one or two (three max) accounts. In addition to your core project management activities (project planning, status and meeting management and communication, internal and client-facing work stream management and reporting, budget and resource management, etc.). You will be involved in ensuring account and company growth through delighted clients and efficient, effective, collaborative and supported internal teams. We’re looking for a seasoned jack-of-all-trades who’s looking to lead large, strategic delivery engagements and help build a growing practice team and organization.
- Own the details but see the larger vision for the account, client and project
- Interface directly with client stakeholders and proactively communicate status and risk while building relationships of trust and transparency.
- Act as the internal hub of the delivery team in close collaboration with Experience Design, Insights & Optimization and Development leads to help guide the account work.
- Maintain easy to understand and well-communicated project plans that define phases, activities, deliverables, deadlines, staffing, budget and utilization tracking and other project details.
- Schedule and lead client and internal meetings by defining attendees, soliciting input from other team members in advance, sending out agendas, facilitating when appropriate, capturing and distributing meetings notes and managing action items.
- Collaborate with a dynamic and diverse team of account, project and discipline managers who can’t wait to partner with you.
- Proactively escalate and inform any budget, timeline, deliverable, quality or personnel issues to your manager as soon as an issue is known to facilitate joint problem solving.
- Maintain accountability for scoping projects and delivering them on budget and on time.
- Enthusiastic, full of positive energy and able to maintain grace and a sense of humor and perspective under pressure.
- Care about the details and processes but understand that sometimes you need to let it play out.
- An excellent communicator and don’t shy away from difficult conversations.
- On a mission to learn, grow and constantly improve your craft.
- A motivator able to work in a multidiscipline team atmosphere in a peer leadership role.
- Capable of driving teams to a high level of quality and performance on deadline.
- Excellent at estimating, scheduling and budgeting with an eye for doing great work and minimizing risk.
- 5-10 years as a Project Manager in an agency environment developing websites, mobile apps or other digital experiences.
- CMS experience with Sitecore, AEM or similar platform a plus.
- Experience managing both digital experience design and development teams.
- Client-side experience a plus. PM certifications a plus.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence a plus.
- History of maintaining healthy customer relationships with a focus on service and fostering repeat business — with examples is a big plus!
- Experience project managing projects with a budget of $500k or more a plus.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to: 1163188-CSemail@example.com
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences.
Connective DX is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from all candidates. We value diversity, equity and inclusion. It takes talent with an expansive range of backgrounds and experiences to do our best work. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Connective DX are based exclusively on merit. Connective DX does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity and identity expression, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
- © 2019 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved