Connective DX is a national digital agency seeking an enthusiastic member for our Experience Design Team. This position will report to the VP of Experience Design.
You’re a seasoned digitally-focused designer who lives and breathes how brand expression and digital interaction connect. You create experiences based on a desired emotion, using visual and interactive elements to communicate a mood, a design principle, or a conceptual thought. You don’t simply color in the lines; you bring ideas to life through inspiration, expression and diligence.
You need to be able to:
- Express a brand, its values and principles visually and through interactions
- Create visual and UI designs to communicate ideas and to streamline user flows
- Understand and care about UX best practices
- Make everything you touch become beautiful
- Turn a design theme into a design system
- Think through collaborative prototyping
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative user research
- Engage clients in a clear, practical and inspiring design dialogue
- Manage the process of communicating the design intent to all team members and ensuring it is delivered in the final product
- Be nice
And have done:
- Digital Agency work for at least 8 years
- Worked with design researchers, information architects, UX architects and developers
- Worked on mobile, desktop and app projects
- Deep experience in Sketch, defining workflows, libraries and integrating with delivery to Front-end development
- Experience in a range of Visual and UI design tools including InVision, Zeplin, Photoshop, etc.
It would be nice if:
- You had experience communicating motion design through tools such as Adobe After Effects, Principle, or similar tools
- You have some experience in video, from storyboarding through to hands on editing in industry tools such as After Effects.
- You know how to find inspiration from unexpected places and apply it in a meaningful way to your projects.
You will participate in the creative phase of digital projects, understanding brand, markets, customers and users; creating concepts and prototypes; defining design principles and themes and executing on an expressive and functional design language to support the experience strategy. Additional responsibilities include marketing and sales support, and assisting other designers when needed.
You will guide the design past the creative phase into production, partnering with UX architects, content strategists and developers until the project is complete. You will focus on specific accounts, but your skills will be leveraged across accounts.
How to apply:
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences.
Connective DX is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from all candidates. We value diversity, equity and inclusion. It takes talent with an expansive range of backgrounds and experiences to do our best work. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Connective DX are based exclusively on merit. Connective DX does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity and identity expression, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
- © 2019 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved