We are a digital experience agency that helps companies embrace the power of digital, align around the customer, and take control of their future. We fundamentally believe that great experiences can transform business and make the world a better place. These experiences make a difference in our clients’ businesses and help them earn a place in their customers’ lives. We work with our clients—not for them—to help align around an experience strategy, execute digital programs, and establish high-performing digital teams.
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End Developer Job Description:
The Senior Software Engineer, Front-End Developer (FED) is responsible for producing standards-compliant sites and web applications crafted with XHTML. Your knowledge of CSS preprocessors, web standards, web accessibility, markup languages, scripting, basic graphic design, and communication skills will be used to assemble websites, CMS templates, application interfaces for Connective DX Clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build highly responsive front-end web applications using the latest techniques amongst a team of exceptional designers / developers.
- Adhere to and collaborate on style guides and interaction specifications • Collaborate with client and project teams to develop clean, highly functional user interfaces.
- Contribute concepts to site launch with a knowledge of development and testing
- Lead front end development as tasked, participating in ideation sessions, collaborating to define solutions and executing front end development work for projects, site maintenance and key tasks.
- Identify front-end development tasks for projects, provides estimates and assigns tasks as needed.
- Manage and coach less senior front-end developers, performing quality checks on work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Works with team to offer technical solutions that help meet business objectives.
- Collaborates with designers to derive solutions and ensure designs are executed effectively for the medium.
- Works with back end developers to ensure end-to-end project completion.
- Work independently, prioritize tasks and hit deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Maintain a 70% billable hour rate.
Education and/or Experience:
- A portfolio/samples demonstrating clean and compliant code.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technology and/or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of experience with version control systems, experience with more than one CMS.
Skills, Knowledge and abilities:
- Proficiency in HTML5/CSS3.
- Proficiency in CSS preprocessors.
- Proficiency with React and webpack.
- Expertise with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Ability to execute from concept to site launch with a knowledge of development and testing.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- Experience in Front end web development.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of leading a team of junior developers.
- Enthusiastic, creative, highly motivated and goal-oriented team player.
- Must have a genuine interest in the latest technological developments in web development.
The heart and soul of Connective DX are our people. Working at Connective DX is more than a job—it is an opportunity to personally grow, make lifelong friends, and make a genuine difference for our clients, co-workers, family and our world. We strive to offer the best benefits for our employees and their families. These benefits include group major medical and dental plans, alternative care and chiropractic benefits, flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, voluntary supplemental insurance through AFLAC, a monthly transit stipend, a minimum of 15 days of PTO per year, an employee referral bonus, a speaking engagement spiff, an employee assistance program, and a 401(k)-matching program.
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 774555-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own Delight events throughout the year.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2018 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved