You understand that at the core of any good experience is communication. You also know that many companies have a hard time with this part of their business and, well, you’re a problem solver. We’re an interactive agency focused on helping our clients create delightful digital experiences for their customers. We’re deep in technology, strategy and creative. We need a Senior Content Strategist who can institute best practices, identify new opportunities and represent this fast emerging discipline within our Portland, Oregon office.
The Senior Content Strategist works closely with all project teams to provide strategic direction for messaging, information hierarchies, and content distribution plans. A professional communicator capable of grasping communication challenges and devising solutions, the Senior Content Strategist has a well-rounded knowledge of emerging digital trends, as well as thorough familiarity with best practices in usability, search engine optimization and content marketing. As an information expert, the Senior Content Strategist is deeply involved in the content development process from outset to completion and emphasis on writing skills is also important.
- Consulting with clients to define business objectives, pain points and opportunities related to content
- Analyzing and assessing client’s digital content and production capabilities
- Defining strategies for developing, managing and distributing compelling and well-organized content based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs and industry best practices
- Drafting content publication and migration workflows with expertise on enterprise-level content management systems
- Collaborating with clients to define governance protocols
- Creating, re-purposing and managing digital content
- Defining social media and email integration tactics for content distribution
- Producing content classification and tagging systems
- Collaborating with Creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of online initiatives
- Collaborating with UX designers on user flows, site navigation, content organization and site navigation labels
- Developing and sharing expertise on client products and services
- Interacting with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Maintaining high standards of copywriting
- Collaborating to determine a search engine optimization project plan and content support
- Deep understanding of digital best practices and a passion for emerging trends
- Background in digital publishing, researching, writing and strategy planning
- 5+ years of Marketing/Communications experience in a Web-focused company or agency
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of content management systems, marketing communication platforms and social media strategies
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex or demanding subject matter, either verbally or in written form
- Ability to work both independently and contribute as part of a production team and lead consultant
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
The heart and soul of Connective DX are our people. Working at Connective DX is more than a job—it is an opportunity to personally grow, make lifelong friends, and make a genuine difference for our clients, co-workers, family and our world. We strive to offer the best benefits for our employees and their families. These benefits include group major medical and dental plans, alternative care and chiropractic benefits, flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, voluntary supplemental insurance through AFLAC, free monthly Tri-Met passes, a minimum of 15 days of PTO per year, an employee referral bonus, a speaking engagement spiff, an employee assistance program, and a 401(k) matching program. We also offer a wellness program that includes hot oatmeal and other healthy cereals, fresh fruit, kombucha on tap, healthy snacks, and once a month chair massages.
Local community support: Connective DX participates in local community events throughout the year. During the holidays we celebrate the season of giving through our partnership with The West Women's and Children's shelter, The Oregon Food Bank, Goose Hollow Family Shelter, The Arthritis Foundation, and Rosemary Anderson High School. Last year Connective DX employees also put together kits for Syrian refugees, and participated in the SOLVE Spring Beach Clean-up.
Recent events: If you take a walk around the Connective DX offices, you will see unicorns proudly displayed on our desks. These are Uni Awards, which recognize team members who exemplify our core values. All year, employees nominate their peers to win Uni Awards in each of our core values. At the end of the year, employees review the nominations and vote to determine the winners, who are announced at our annual Uni Award celebration. Past award recipients present the new award winners with their unicorn trophies and share the stories behind the nominations. To date we have captured more than 300 values stories on our Intranet and recently launched a custom-built mobile application called Living the Values to capture these stories right when they occur. The app also provides an open forum for sharing feedback on what the company should stop, start or continue.
Interesting facts: We’re not an event company, yet host a wildly successful and fun conference called Delight, which brings together more than 400 business, design and technology professionals who are passionate about bringing exceptional experiences to life. Now in its fifth year, Delight continues to grow in popularity.
Our employees actively lead and participate in their professional communities, not only participating but also serving as catalysts in relevant meetups, and we regularly host professional events in our community room. We also support our employees’ professional speaking skills through our own internal Toastmasters International club.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 640813-CSemail@example.com
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own annual conference, Delight.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2017 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved