Connective DX is a growing national digital agency seeking an enthusiastic member for our Operations Team. This position will report to the Vice President, Operations.
Are you passionate about the way people experience brands in the digital age? Are you naturally curious with a strong drive to grow your career? Do you love empowering people to succeed? Do you relish in the details of providing a great experience? Do you enjoy planning parties and working in spreadsheets? As the Portland Office Services Coordinator, you will play a critical role in ensuring that we provide an excellent employee and visitor experience. You will impact the day-to-day lives of others around you through a wide range of duties. Your responsibilities will include:
- Receptionist duties including greeting and managing of visitors both in person at the front desk and on the phone, shipping, receiving, mail distribution, and other clerical receptionist duties.
- Serving as the first point of contact for employee requests related to visitors’ needs and supplies.
- Arranging internal and external meetings; coordinate conference rooms, WebEx/Teleconferencing, calendar invitations, and catering requests.
- Working with our VP, Operations and contract Facilities Manager on facilities projects as needed (ex. addressing leaks when they occur, building improvements, etc.)
- Making sure all office needs are attended to (i.e. office supplies, janitorial, kitchen, and special requests) in our Portland headquarters.
- Partnering with IT Team to handle IT equipment requests, purchase items and deliver the needed items directly to the employee.
- Overseeing regular maintenance of the building including coordinating maintenance requests with building maintenance vendors (ex. carpet cleaning, HVAC, phones).
- Working closely with other members of the Connective DX team to provide the best possible employee experience (ex. planning team parties, ordering recognition gifts, organizing volunteerism events).
- Setting up rooms for staff events and meetings as needed (ex. Portland staff meetings).
- Proactively maintaining our overall office cleanliness and organization throughout the Portland office, including conference rooms, kitchens, supply rooms and procurement of supplies.
- Kitchen organization: oversee healthy snack program, managing calendar invites for kitchen clean team, taking inventory of kitchen supplies, ordering groceries and putting deliveries away. Working with coffee, organic fruit and kombucha suppliers to ensure stock is as needed.
- Occasionally running errands for supplies.
- Working with Connective DX partners to set up for after-hours events hosted on site and coordinate as needed (ex. Toastmasters and other professional development and networking groups).
- Supporting the Accounting Team and other team members with billing, expense management, check distribution, and bank deposits.
- Maintaining security by following security procedures and controlling building access.
- Sending invites for company holidays, All Staff meetings and Portland office staff events.
- Supporting staff with data gathering, ad hoc research, spreadsheet reporting, Outlook scheduling and copy editing as needed.
- Some heavy lifting (up to approximately 45 pounds).
- Ordering business cards.
- Overseeing anniversary gifts and cards, ordering gifts and cards, wrapping, dispersing, collecting signatures from appropriate coworkers.
- Handling parking reimbursement.
- Assisting in the onboarding new hires (desk set up, phone set up, updating internal systems, ordering new hire gifts)
- Managing the massage and other wellness programs as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Friendly, positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Proactive, resourceful self-starter that loves to learn.
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings using Outlook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using Excel or Google Sheets.
- Solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to lift approximately 45 pounds
- On occasion this role will require working during the evening hours to assist with events we host on-site.
- 2 plus years of relevant experience and demonstrated success in a similar office management or administrative role
- Bachelor’s degree.
The heart and soul of Connective DX are our people. Working at Connective DX is more than a job—it is an opportunity to personally grow, make lifelong friends, and make a genuine difference for our clients, co-workers, family and our world. We strive to offer the best benefits for our employees and their families. These benefits include group major medical and dental plans, alternative care and chiropractic benefits, flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, voluntary supplemental insurance through AFLAC, a monthly transit stipend, a minimum of 15 days of PTO per year, an employee referral bonus, a speaking engagement spiff, an employee assistance program, and a 401(k)-matching program.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to: 728834-CSemail@example.com
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own Delight events throughout the year.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2018 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved