The Manager of Functional Analysis leads the development and delivery of the Functional Analysis capability at Connective DX. The role will focus on establishing processes and advancing the understanding and integration of the practice across the agency. This is a critical capability to deliver in support of the agency strategy.
The Manager, Functional Analysis will play a front-line role, consulting directly with clients while backlog grooming and working with the team to determine key functionality and required time frame for implementation.
The role reports to our Vice President of Experience Design and lives at the intersection of Experience Design, Technology and Program Management.
- Establish best practices and essential habits for the successful integration of the Functional Analysis capability at Connective DX
- Implement and guide Agile methodologies on large redesign projects
- Be a consultant-level authority in area of specialization for each large redesign project
- As the product owner by proxy, acting as the P.O. advocate while backlog grooming and working with the team to determine key functionality and required time frame for implementation.
- Analyze and document existing systems and highlight areas of improvement
- Enhance opportunities by identifying new software/services to be developed
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements into component libraries etc.
- Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions
- Document requirements, create functional specifications and prepare wireframes/flowcharts with the support of the User Experience Team
- Oversee the development of the solution as per the specifications and design intent
- Facilitate change and configuration management
- Monitor performance, discover variances and propose necessary actions.
- Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications in partnership with our QA team
- Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports in partnership with the Content Technologist
Forward Looking Responsibilities:
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of functional analysts
- Thorough knowledge of UX and CMS specifications for enterprise web sites and applications
- In depth experience with the Atlassian platform (confluence & Jira)
- Analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to understand the big picture
- Working knowledge of data and process modelling
- Elicitation and comprehension skills
- Grip over database concepts like DBMS, ETL and SQL
- Good command over spoken and written communication
- Highest level organizational and presentation skills
- Interpersonal and managerial skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own annual conference, Delight.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
- © 2017 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved