You seek to join a digital experience agency with a higher purpose. A place where assembly line implementations give way to game changing business innovation with an influential role in our clients’ business strategy.
Our mission is to create experiences that make a difference. To our clients’ bottom line, sure- but that’s not all that drives us. We work hard to find the right client partners because we know that together, there is an opportunity to make business more relevant, more adaptive and more human.
AEM is one of the important parts of our craft.
It’s messy work, and we like it that way. Innovation and inspiration don’t always follow the program. What’s important is the respect, humility and shared understandings in the tumult of collaboration. That’s what binds us together and allows us to create something more than the sum of its parts.
Join us to make something that will raise the expectations of what an insightful, digitally-empowered business can and should do. We strive to help our clients become companies who are loved in a digital age.
Learn more about us at ConnectiveDX.com, the cmsmyth.com or Delight.us, our globally acclaimed digital experience conference and blog that attracts leaders to our sold out event from companies such as Uber, Zillow, NPR, Facebook and numerous other organizations. Finally, examples of the awesome team you will be joining can be found by reviewing a couple of our open source projects on GitHub.
Pack your bags for Portland or Boston, we have a warm welcome waiting for you.
Essential job functions
- Collaborate with technical, sales, project management, creative and strategy team members to ensure clients’ business objectives are met within the scope of the engagement
- Contribute to the architecture and development of large-scale implementations and custom web applications
- Provide strong testing, debugging, and documentation skills to ensure alignment with client expectations and Connective DX’s coding and quality standards
- Work collaboratively with other developers, participate in peer code reviews, and follow Connective DX best practices and design patterns
- Assist in accurately estimating implementations, custom web applications, and discrete development tasks
Education and/or experience
- Four year college degree in a related field such as computer software engineering.
- Previous agency experience strongly preferred
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java
- 3+ years of professional experience with AEM, experience with AEM 6 and above
- Strong understanding of Java and AEM technologies: JCR, Apache Sling, Apache Felix, OSGi, Sightly and Touch UI development
- Experience with Git, Maven or Jenkins
- Ability to execute on simultaneous projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to assess stakeholder needs, set priorities, and produce effective deliverables
- Ability to work, learn, excel and deliver in a fast paced environment
- Experience integrating web applications with 3rd party and legacy applications
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles and software patterns
- Ability to independently define, create, and complete development tasks
- Demonstrate proficiency managing individual time and tasks and the ability to thrive in Connective DX’s independent work environment with minimal oversight
- Communicate effectively with Connective DX team members and client stakeholders equally well in both writing and conversation
- Be committed to making Connective DX an awesome place to work and be a developer
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 470203-CJBfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include links to any relevant published materials, prior speaking engagements or blogs.
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own annual conference, Delight.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2017 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved