Engineering Manager-Frontend Developer Job Description:
The Engineering Manager, Frontend Development (FED) is responsible for leading the Frontend Development team, producing standards-compliant sites and web applications. FED at Connective DX requires high standards to integrate large systems of components with each other and into an enterprise CMS, most notably Sitecore. Your knowledge of CSS preprocessors, web standards, headless architecture, web accessibility, markup languages, scripting, basic graphic design, and communication skills will be used to assemble websites, CMS templates, and application interfaces for Connective DX Clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical leadership on enterprise scale frontend web and application projects while concurrently overseeing other development teams on several projects across different offices and geographies.
- Mentor the frontend development team from technical and career path perspectives.
- Oversee and participate in design, architecture, technical studies, proof-of-concept projects, documentation, development, debugging, and deployment efforts.
- Create project estimates, define scope requirements, structure projects, develop coding standards, methodology and repeatable processes.
- Educate internal and external design, business, sales, technical counterparts, and leadership to hone their knowledge of front end development.
- Identify opportunities for research and development in the area of focus, and build innovative prototypes that demonstrate our industry leadership.
- Apply strong business and client facing abilities to support business development opportunities and build long-term relationships in addition to manage project delivery.
- Manage and coach less senior frontend developers, performing quality checks on work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Works with team to offer technical solutions that help meet business objectives.
- Collaborates with the design team to derive solutions and ensure designs are executed effectively for the medium.
- Works with the backend development team to ensure end-to-end project completion.
- Work independently, prioritize tasks and hit deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Maintain a 50% billable hour rate.
Education and/or Experience:
- A portfolio/samples demonstrating clean and compliant code.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technology and/or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years of experience with frontend technology
- 5-10 years of management experience
Skills, Knowledge and abilities:
- Proficiency in HTML5/CSS3.
- Proficiency in CSS preprocessors.
- Proficiency with React and webpack.
- Expertise with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Ability to execute from concept to site launch with a knowledge of development and testing.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- Experience with modern FED web development practices and technologies.
- Experience with the Sitecore Experience Platform and Sitecore JSS or other headless CMS patterns a plus.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of leading a team of junior developers.
- Enthusiastic, creative, highly motivated and goal-oriented team player.
- Must have a genuine interest in the latest technological developments in web development.
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 1067915-CSemail@example.com
ARE YOU DRIVEN TO BUILD GREAT DIGITAL EXPERIENCES?
At Connective DX we’re designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you’re passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you. At Connective DX we’re committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We’re driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences.
Connective DX is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from all candidates. We value diversity, equity and inclusion. It takes talent with an expansive range of backgrounds and experiences to do our best work. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Connective DX are based exclusively on merit. Connective DX does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity and identity expression, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
- Director of Technical Strategy
- Portland, OR
- Boston, MA