Director of Content Strategy
Telecommuter, Portland, OR or Boston, MA
We are seeking an experienced practitioner familiar with the strategic, technical and editorial aspects of content. The Director of Content Strategy will evangelize the value of content both internally and externally as well as be a key contributor to the Experience Design team. The ideal candidate will comfortable blogging and speaking within our user experience community.
Content strategy design and implementation
- Requirements identification & business case development
- Message architecture & brand alignment
- Content auditing
- Content modeling
- Standards definition
- Content migration planning
- Content support planning
- Content measurement & analytics
Helping build a nationally recognized content strategy practice
- Making the case for a ‘content first’ approach to clients
- Speaking, blogging and participating in the content community
- Mentoring and managing agency and client team members
The ideal candidate:
- Has a track record of developing successful content strategies for mid-size to large organizations
- Has a practical understanding of how digital solutions are created, developed and deployed
- Is passionate about content from creation through management and delivery, across device and context
- Designs smart, future-friendly content strategies that engage customers/prospects while supporting a client's business objectives
- Is comfortable and confident providing guidance throughout all phases of complex content-oriented projects
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is inspired by the opportunity to build a nationally recognized content practice
- Is a natural leader who can successfully lead clients, team mates and other stakeholders to successful and sustainable outcomes
- Understands the digital ecosystem and is familiar with current state of enterprise marketing technology including CMS and Marketing Automation platforms
- Is familiar with knowledge management including taxonomy, SEO and metadata strategy
- Has exceptional communication skills, a flair for critical thinking and a confident, open-minded, flexible and consultative manner
- Defining content scope and approach in alignment with customer needs, business objectives and digital strategy
- Reviewing current and planned future-states and identifying implications for content migration, transformation and maintenance
- Assessing, cataloging, and organizing content across channels
- Creating taxonomy/nomenclature lists and definitions
- Assigning and tracking new content development
- Managing content specialists and coordinating with external contractors and resources
- Evolving best practices for content strategy at Connective DX and in our client’s organizations
- Conducting content workshops with clients and the community
- Speaking and presenting on content strategy
- Training and mentoring of other content practitioners
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Communications or other relevant liberal arts major
- A background in IA/UX is a plus, but not a requirement
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 863709-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own Delight events throughout the year.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2019 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved