The Client Partner is the trusted advisor and leader for major accounts, building long-term profitable relationships while inspiring, aligning and leading their team.
Internally, the Client Partner is an advisor to the Executive Team, helping to shape the future of our agency through our clients' eyes. We used to redesign websites; now we redesign businesses to thrive in the digital age.
The ideal candidate for the Client Partner role has the experience, aptitude, humility, and confidence to lead our teams and clients in pursuit of profound positive change that leads to meaningful outcomes.
The Client Partner will be responsible for their delivery team’s performance related to driving account growth, profitability, utilization, client satisfaction and team health. The position has significant annual revenue and gross margin responsibilities across a concentrated group of clients.
- Owns VP and C-level client relationships and serves as a lead business strategist.
- Leads a skilled delivery team in support of a focused set of key accounts along with an Experience Design Director, a Technology Director and a Program Manager. Additional team members in areas, including (but not limited to) data, content and development, will be part of the cross-functional team.
- Reviews work under development to ensure it meets agency great work attributes and maps to business goals established in the account plan.
- Creates and executes account plans and digital experience strategy roadmaps in conjunction with the delivery team. These plans align around each client’s business model and strategy, and relate to the ideal future for the client’s business and customers.
- Drives new business within accounts, consistently adding new opportunities to the pipeline. Writes business cases to justify investment when necessary.
- Proactively identifies client opportunities and risks and serves as the primary point of escalation.
- Generates, updates and reports on the team’s revenue forecast.
- Monitors utilization of the team and proactively finds opportunities to meet utilization targets.
- Builds team expertise through coaching and mentoring.
- Leverages personal expertise to participate in agency marketing efforts.
Education & experience
- 10 or more years of related industry experience in business consulting, digital strategy, content strategy, analytics, experience design, design thinking, or technology. Digital agency experience a must, client-side experience a benefit.
- College degree required.
- 7 or more years of leading senior-level client relationships.
- Experience managing complex teams.
- Success growing business within existing accounts, selling in six- and seven-figure opportunities with Fortune 1000 companies.
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Ability to communicate persuasively with Fortune 1000 decision makers and navigate conversations with multiple stakeholders, thinking on one’s feet.
- Skill in navigating shifting client requests and business market conditions and arriving at effective outcomes for the work and business.
- Visionary leader and speaker—can own a room and facilitate discussions. Instills trust and confidence with both clients and delivery team members.
- Has a strong interest in learning about various businesses (clients) and driving digital initiatives toward business outcomes.
- Has a consultant-like approach with an anchor in one of our key practice areas.
- Has agency experience, has passion for customer experience and is service-oriented.
- Natural coach and mentor.
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good business acumen and understands the fundamental elements of finance in order to lead a profitable delivery team.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 442700-CJBfirstname.lastname@example.org
Are you driven to build great digital experiences?
At Connective DX we're designing and building the next generation of digital business and experiences—and we’re committed to hiring the best and brightest talent to help us. If you're passionate about design and technology and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. At Connective DX we're committed to helping our employees grow through participation in community events and professional development. And we offer competitive benefits.
Paul and Jeff founded Connective DX on the values of transparency, honesty and humility—because that’s how real change gets made. We work in open collaboration across disciplines and with our clients. We're driven to make something that makes a difference to our clients, their customers, and our craft. The Connective DX team participates in community events, from hackathons to meetups, and speaks at conferences. We also host our own annual conference, Delight.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us directly. No recruiting agencies, please.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Connective DX. Connective DX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Connective DX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- © 2017 Connective DX
- All Rights Reserved